Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Mouse 2 not being detected via bluetooth by MacBook Air 13-inch early 2015, with OS Big Sur 11.6.2

Hello Community!

Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year and hoping that you are keeping well and safe !

I request your help regarding the Magic Mouse 2 which suddenly stopped working yesterday. It's about 4 years old and was working perfectly fine till yesterday morning, when it refused to connect. I tried switching the mouse off and on, restarted my Mac, connected the mouse to the Mac with the USB cable to charge it, removed the mouse from the list of bluetooth devices to try and pair it again....but now I am really stuck !

When I am connecting the Mouse to the Mac with the USB cable, the Mac screen is displaying a 100% charge status for the mouse and is also displaying "Mouse Off" when I am switching it off. However, unfortunately, my Mac refuses to recognise the mouse to be able to pair it agin when I am switching it on. I tried booting the Mac in the Safe Mode to try pairing, but to no avail.

I am using a MacBook Air 13-inch early 2015, with Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.2

Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be really helpful.

Thank you Community !

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 18, 2022 4:50 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hey Ingo2711,

Thanks for your prompt response to my issue.

Yes, in fact, my Mac is able to recognise other Bluetooth devices instantaneously - phones, pods etc.

Although I haven't quite tried creating another User Account to check the pairing status, but is this the only option to get it to pair ?

Jan 18, 2022 7:46 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you Ingo2711! So I created a New User on the Mac as you suggested. However, unfortunately, the problem remains - the Mac is unable to detect the Magic Mouse 2. Although, upon connecting with the cable, I got to see a 100% charge status and on switching off the Mouse, "Mouse Off" got displayed on the Mac.

Unfortunately, I only have 1 Mac and 1 Magic Mouse 2 so I would not be able to try the combination option you have suggested.

It seems, the mouse "On" option is not functioning properly - I guess it is a hardware issue.

What do you think?

Apple Magic Mouse 2 not being detected via bluetooth by MacBook Air 13-inch early 2015, with OS Big Sur 11.6.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.