Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is Bent

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is somehow bent. The glass is not cracked and there aren’t any signs of drops on this phone. This issue I suspect came like this from the factory. And later the glass inevitably popped off the frame. I purchased this phone in October and I first noticed this in late December. And the bend was only the start of the issues. The motherboard is defective. The flash stopped working and Bluetooth cannot hold a connection with any device that isn’t my AirPods. And my Apple Pay had so many issues that I was forced to stop using it all together. It still is on the factory warrant. Will Apple be able to replace this phone? Because I didn’t purchase a new iPhone to have these issues. And this is my 3rd iPhone in a row and this has been the worst one.

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 7:40 AM

That's not a 'manufacturing issue'. And if it were a manufacturing issue, it's prominent enough that you should have had it dealt with immediately when you took it out of the box, not waited months to try and claim it was bent like that from the start.

You can argue all you like, but you're going to lose this one.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 7:40 AM in response to Matthew773

That's not a 'manufacturing issue'. And if it were a manufacturing issue, it's prominent enough that you should have had it dealt with immediately when you took it out of the box, not waited months to try and claim it was bent like that from the start.

You can argue all you like, but you're going to lose this one.

Feb 11, 2021 7:19 AM in response to KiltedTim

There is no way I bent the phone. For one the only place it could’ve bent was if I had it in my pocket excessively. And even if that is the case. I never put the phone in my pocket where the screen is facing face forward. The screen is pointing at me. And I’ve had many iPhones for much longer than I’ve had this one. The bend is backwards. It’s going toward the back of the phone. So no I didn’t physically damage the phone” and I didn’t “bend the frame”. There is no falling damage on this phone. The frame came bent. So how is it my fault ?

Feb 11, 2021 8:11 AM in response to KiltedTim

It didn’t appear bent when I first purchased it. It looked good. My argument is that it was always bent but the back glass was installed anyway and at that time it didn’t pop off yet. And later after some use it bent. Please give me some examples off how I could’ve bent the iPhone with regular use. Because I was under the impression that the stainless steel frame was state of the art compared to my older iPhones which never had a bending problem.

Feb 11, 2021 12:03 PM in response to Matthew773

You must have not purchased the model phone that started "bendgate" about 7 years ago. This is a user-to-user technical support site operated by Apple. You need to click on Get Support at the top right of this page to start the service process and see what Apple says. Be prepared to pay for an out-of-warranty replacement.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is Bent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.