Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It keeps saying my iphone is not able to be backed up because there isn't enough storage so is there any way I can back it up without having to get more storage

I am supposed to be getting a new phone tomorrow because mine is broken and the steps say to backup my phone before but when I go to back it up it says I cannot because I don't have enough storage. Is there any way I can back it up without needing more storage?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:59 AM

See this:

If you can't back up to iCloud or if restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

After you check to see how much iCloud Storage you have, try these steps to complete your backup:

1. Upgrade your iCloud storage plan.
  2. Reduce the size of your backup.
  3. Delete any data that you don't need.
  4. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

You can also backup via a computer instead:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Or when you have your new iPhone you can transfer directly between the old and the new:

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

It keeps saying my iphone is not able to be backed up because there isn't enough storage so is there any way I can back it up without having to get more storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.