Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extreme slow upload on iCloud

Hello,

I have little. big problem. I bought 200GB iCloud a few days ago, but upload is very very slow. I have 300/30 optic Internet, 5Ghz Wi-Fi, I always tested my Internet, Internet is stable, problem is not on my side, because everything is okey.

Regards Varga.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 3:28 PM

It is normal. iCloud photos is not limited by your internet speed - it is normally much slower than that.

I suspect (but this is just my guess) that it is limited by server capacity. By way of example, my 5000 photo 50GB library took 48 hours to sync. At full internet speed it would only have been about 7 hours.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 3:28 PM in response to Community User

It is normal. iCloud photos is not limited by your internet speed - it is normally much slower than that.

I suspect (but this is just my guess) that it is limited by server capacity. By way of example, my 5000 photo 50GB library took 48 hours to sync. At full internet speed it would only have been about 7 hours.

Feb 11, 2021 2:04 PM in response to Community User

What are you trying to upload? Are you re-syncing the whole library or just uploading a few photos?

Irrespective of your internet speed, if you try to upload or resync a large library, the bandwidth at Apple's end is throttled to reduce overloading their servers, this is to give priority to instantly sync new photos you take with your phone or edits made. A 100 GB library could easily take a few days at least to sync.

Extreme slow upload on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.