Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard

My IMAC keyboard stopped connecting to the computer. New batteries did not resolve the issue. Any suggestions?

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 3:20 PM

Tulare2Lehi Said:

"Keyboard: My IMAC keyboard stopped connecting to the computer. New batteries did not resolve the issue. Any suggestions?"

-------

What to Try:

Have Wired Keyboard?:

Try another keyboard to troubleshoot all of this - particularly, one that is wired.

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM

Reset the SMC and then NVRAM. Sometimes when changes are made to the system(updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. It might take up to 3 attempts to reset each. So, be certain you have the time to so. 

B. Reset Bluetooth Module:

Perform as Instructed here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

C. Boot into Safe Mode: (Hold Down: shift key upon boot). In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and system errors are intended to be reset (caches). So, log in to Safe Mode; wait 30 seconds; restart; login normally.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 3:20 PM in response to Tulare2Lehi

Tulare2Lehi Said:

"Keyboard: My IMAC keyboard stopped connecting to the computer. New batteries did not resolve the issue. Any suggestions?"

-------

What to Try:

Have Wired Keyboard?:

Try another keyboard to troubleshoot all of this - particularly, one that is wired.

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM

Reset the SMC and then NVRAM. Sometimes when changes are made to the system(updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. It might take up to 3 attempts to reset each. So, be certain you have the time to so. 

B. Reset Bluetooth Module:

Perform as Instructed here: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tips

C. Boot into Safe Mode: (Hold Down: shift key upon boot). In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and system errors are intended to be reset (caches). So, log in to Safe Mode; wait 30 seconds; restart; login normally.

Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.