Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked?

An app I didn’t download showed up on my phone, not showing in purchase history and can not find in app store. how could this happen?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 5:37 PM

We don’t know what you did, what you might have clicked on, or what sort of (presumably) web app or web game or whatever was involved here.

You deleted it, so it’s gone, which also means there’s nothing remaining for us to look at.

Usual reading recommendation, as we ourselves are much easier to hack than are our devices, these days:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 5:37 PM in response to Feliciajill

We don’t know what you did, what you might have clicked on, or what sort of (presumably) web app or web game or whatever was involved here.

You deleted it, so it’s gone, which also means there’s nothing remaining for us to look at.

Usual reading recommendation, as we ourselves are much easier to hack than are our devices, these days:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Feb 11, 2021 5:06 PM in response to Feliciajill

What happens when you tap on it? And did you ever install an app from a website rather than the app store?

BTW, it can’t happen unless it was on your phone when you got the phone. Did you buy the phone new or used?

Here’s something to check: Go to Settings/General and scroll to the bottom. Do you see “Profiles” just below VPN? If you tap on it what do you see?

Feb 11, 2021 5:11 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I tapped on it and it a screen came up that said loading, I exited out of it before it loaded and then I deleted it.

ive had the phone for about 6 months, I bought it brand new at a US cellular store. This app was definitely not on my phone yesterday. I downloaded a new printer app two days, and today this app showed up next to it.

and nothing that says profiles under the VPN

Hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.