Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular tab/option in my settings is missing

Cellular tab/option is missing in my settings. I have iphone 11 and use dual sim cards (currently in Beijing, China). I believe since newest upgrade 14.4 this tab disappeared. How to return back please?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 5:48 PM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2021 5:54 PM in response to aleksandar271

I'd recommend ensuring you have a recent backup of your iPad:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then follow these steps to reinstall the iOS software to your iPhone as detailed here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203122

After this process is complete, check to see if your Cellular menu has returned, as well as checking for the details you see missing in Settings > General > About.

Feb 11, 2021 7:09 PM in response to aleksandar271

If you haven’t tried my above suggestion to do a reset and clean install and then restore...

and you have also done a simple reboot of the phone...

you could also try seeing if you can update your carrier settings manually.

To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:

Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.

Feb 11, 2021 7:20 PM in response to r_scheid

Thanks a lot! I did already all those “light” tips like simple rebooting and turn on and off airplane mode, mobile operator settings and nothing changed. I usually use the latest updates on both ios and carrier services too. Still thinking to do the hard reset and clean install the ios since it will require a lot of work and time consuming for me now.... did not expect this disappearing tab but it is what it is. Thank you again.

Cellular tab/option in my settings is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.