Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf reader for macbook with m1 chip?

Just got MacBook Air , Big Sur, with M1 chip and tried to install Adobe acrobat reader, it’s not available!! Someone mentioned PDF expert but that’s not free. I need to be able to add comments or text and to DocuSign PDFs.

any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 10:42 PM

Well first, Preview opens PDF files. But Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

13 replies

Feb 12, 2021 8:30 AM in response to mizcue

If you need to change original PDF text, then that requires an extra-cost PDF Editor. If you simply want to add annotations or enter content into forms, that can be done with Apple's included Preview, or optionally with the current Adobe Acrobat Reader. Some form designs are not supported by Preview, and your fallback would be the Adobe product as they alone are capable of maintaining current PDF code revisions.

Feb 12, 2021 8:47 AM in response to VikingOSX

I didn't even try with Preview, as I never knew I could add text/comments etc. using Preview. It also really clutters up the list of "recently opened" files. I don't need to change text at the moment, just add notes or comments. And I've needed to use DocuSign frequently in the past year, so I want to be able to do that.

pdf reader for macbook with m1 chip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.