Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad magnet cover

i am using a cover which contains magnet for my Ipad pro 2017(10.5inch)

will this magnet affect my iPad negatively?

thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 3:40 AM

Many iPad cases/covers will include a magnet within the construction of the cover - carefully positioned to trigger the iPad sensor that controls automatic iPad locking.

The 2018/2020 models of iPad Pro also incorporate magnets to attach the iPad to a case or Magic Keyboard.

In conclusion, magnets are used extensively for attachment of accessories and triggering of sensors. As such, any magnets used by your cover will not affect your iPad - with one small caveat...

Magnets will reduce the accuracy of iPad’s built-in fluxgate compass.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 3:40 AM in response to razeen288

Many iPad cases/covers will include a magnet within the construction of the cover - carefully positioned to trigger the iPad sensor that controls automatic iPad locking.

The 2018/2020 models of iPad Pro also incorporate magnets to attach the iPad to a case or Magic Keyboard.

In conclusion, magnets are used extensively for attachment of accessories and triggering of sensors. As such, any magnets used by your cover will not affect your iPad - with one small caveat...

Magnets will reduce the accuracy of iPad’s built-in fluxgate compass.

iPad magnet cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.