Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing from cd to Music

I recently installed the Big Sur upgrade and have discovered I can't import music from cds into Music, including cds that I previously imported into iTunes before the upgrade. The external cd drive still works. It reads cds that I can play through the computer, but I can't import them. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 7:38 AM

Hi,

Importing CDs should work as it has always done. Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

Are you getting any error messages? Have you tried other apps to rip your CDs e.g. XLD App?

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 12, 2021 8:22 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks, Jim. I checked the information at that link already, which is the same way I've been importing music into iTunes for many years. I agree it should work the same way but it doesn't.

I've tried a few different things--changing the default file type for importing, manually dragging files into the music library, and importing from files I've created in Audacity (so it's not just limited to cds, it seems). In all instances I get the same error message: "Error occurred while converting the file '[song title]'. An unknown error occurred (-50)."

I've looked on line for error -50, but I haven't been able to find anything helpful.

importing from cd to Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.