Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import a CD to Music App using Big Sur 11.6

Hi,

I have a new 2020 MacBook Air.

I'm trying to import a CD into the Music library using an external drive. I've searched the Community and can't find any answers that match my experience.

1. There is no import CD option in the Music App or any pop up
  2. There are no options under preferences/general/files/import settings that mention CD import other than the "use error correction when reading audio CDs" tickbox which has no impact.
  3. The link via communities search that looks like the closest match to my problem links to a completely different page about Fleetsmith: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/music/import-songs-from-cds-mus2935/1.1/mac/11.0

Can anyone help?!

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 9:45 AM

Hi,

Try this link Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac – Apple Support (UK).

It seems that if this is happening to all discs there is a problem with the drive.

Jim

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 6, 2021 7:39 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim,

Thanks for replying. The link goes directly to instructions on how to enrol an Apple device with Fleetsmith.

The issue I have is that there are no options under preferences to show CD. Nothing happens at all when I insert a CD, it just whirls and no recognition whatsoever from the mac.

At a loss as any of the online tips all mention there being options in preferences or in the Music app which I don't have.

Import a CD to Music App using Big Sur 11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.