Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iTunes censoring my music

I bought hard copies of cds I liked and ripped them to my iTunes. Now I am missing some of the songs on the albums an nearly all of the albums are being played with parental advisory lyrics. How can apple edit my songs an remove my music that I personally ripped to my iTunes account? And how can I get my music back the way that I originally uploaded it to my iTunes account.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 8:47 AM

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work then I guess it is possible Apple only has a clean version. In that case you need to stop Apple from finding a match to your track so it just uses your copy for the Apple Music service. I do not subscribe to Apple Music so I have no firsthand experience using it. Perhaps changing the name of the track enough might trick it into not recognizing it?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 8:47 AM in response to Whomp2u

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If that doesn't work then I guess it is possible Apple only has a clean version. In that case you need to stop Apple from finding a match to your track so it just uses your copy for the Apple Music service. I do not subscribe to Apple Music so I have no firsthand experience using it. Perhaps changing the name of the track enough might trick it into not recognizing it?

Why is iTunes censoring my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.