Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music disappearing from Itunes

Several songs that I have purchased from iTunes, as well as music that I have uploaded from CD’s keeps disappearing from my iTunes. When I look the same song, on the same album is in the iTunes store but I have to repurchase it. This has happened now on over 30-40 songs. What is going on Apple?

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 5:27 AM

Apple are not here, we are fellow users, these are user forums as you know.

If you are deleting the music from your phone, and if the versions that you bought are still in the store (and if you haven't moved countries) : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

For your own music, and for purchases no longer in the store sync them back from your computer's iTunes library.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 5:27 AM in response to ColeTrain8921

Apple are not here, we are fellow users, these are user forums as you know.

If you are deleting the music from your phone, and if the versions that you bought are still in the store (and if you haven't moved countries) : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

For your own music, and for purchases no longer in the store sync them back from your computer's iTunes library.

Sep 9, 2019 5:06 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thats the problem. I haven’t moved, I haven’t deleted any music. Its there one day and gone the next. It also disappears from my purchase history and from ITunes on my MacBook. I can find the album still on Itunes but I have to purchase again to redownload the song. I saved all music on a thumb drive is the only way I can keep it and reupload it.

Sep 9, 2019 5:39 AM in response to ColeTrain8921

If the music is still in the store, and if you haven't moved countries since buying it, you can redownload it for free (I assume you've checked to see if you've hidden it) - it's only if you've moved countries, or if the rights-holder has removed what you bought and put a new version/purchase in the store, will you be charged (the store isn't a backup).

Music disappearing from Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.