Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log on to the incoming (IMAP) server, when setting up iCloud email in Outlook

Cannot log on to the incoming (IMAP) server, when setting up iCloud email in Outlook

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 2:30 PM

poached eggs wrote:

The error I am getting is when I try to set up the iCloud account in Outlook. It works fine on my iPhone & iPad, but Outlook keeps giving me this error during set-up. It worked fine up through Oct 2020, but there have been no updates on my PC since. But to answer your question, I am not using an app specific password.

If you have the latest version of iCloud for Windows, you won't need one if signed in.

That's why I sent the article.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 2:30 PM in response to poached eggs

poached eggs wrote:

The error I am getting is when I try to set up the iCloud account in Outlook. It works fine on my iPhone & iPad, but Outlook keeps giving me this error during set-up. It worked fine up through Oct 2020, but there have been no updates on my PC since. But to answer your question, I am not using an app specific password.

If you have the latest version of iCloud for Windows, you won't need one if signed in.

That's why I sent the article.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.