Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drag and drop in Numbers app

In a Numbers spreadsheet, one can select any number of rows and move them to a new position either above or below the original position of the rows. When moving the rows beyond what is currently displaying, though, the scrolling action is way too fast to be controllable. I end up at the top of the spreadsheet or the bottom, very quickly bypassing the location where I actually want to drop the rows.

Any way to slow this action down?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 10:42 AM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2021 6:13 PM in response to Robert Mccarter

"Any way to slow this action down?"

Hi Robert,

Yes,there is. Using it, I was able to watch a table row take about 9 seconds to scroll from bottom of the screen to the top, a distance between the width of an A4 sheet and a US Letter size sheet (about 20cm or 8 inches.

Theres a narrow(about the width of the Row control at the bottom of the reference tabs to the left of the table) zone close to the edge of the document window where you can place the pointer for a slow scroll rate (which can be much slower than the one described above). Closer to the edge of the document window, the action speeds up quickly (as you've noticed)

The same action works on all four sides of the window.

Regards,

Barry

drag and drop in Numbers app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.