Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone was sitting in a water spill overnight. the screen turned many colors and then turned dark and is now unresponsive. It is an iPhone 6. I am wondering if it is worth the repiare cost or should I just get a new iphone?

If my iphone sustained water damage and will not turn on, can I recover the content on my phone and transfer it to a new phone?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 3:00 PM

The repair cost is $299 -- see: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

If it was repaired and in good condition, the trade in value would only be $35. See: Apple Trade In - Apple

It can no longer be updated.

Personally I wouldn't even think twice about repairing it and would just recycle it.

1 reply

My iphone was sitting in a water spill overnight. the screen turned many colors and then turned dark and is now unresponsive. It is an iPhone 6. I am wondering if it is worth the repiare cost or should I just get a new iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.