Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left section of iPhone Xs not responsive to touch.

Hi all,

For the last couple of weeks the left section of my iPhone Xs has become un-responsive to touch.

The means that I run into issues like not being able to press the letter Q on the keyboard.

I've tried:

• Rebooting the phone
  • Restoring the phone from a back up.

My next step would be to try a DFU but I dont know if that would even help.

What's more annoying is that Apple of confirmed that there is an issue with the X and they will replace the screen, but not the Xs.

Has anyone come across this issue and how did they resolve it ?

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 5:39 AM

arrange a repair

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 16, 2021 12:12 PM in response to LD150

I've already approached them for a repair.

I arranged for a repair at the local Best Buy, the tech guy there told me that this is a known issue with the iPhone X and the screen would be replaced free of charge. However, I have an iPhones Xs which is not covered despite it being the exact same issue. The tech guy then told me to approach Apple as it was the same known issue and he didn't want to charge me $300 for the repair.

However when going back to Apple, they were unwilling to help me.

I also have Applecare but that ran out in December, and despite not being able to get into an Apple store they still wouldn't help.

I'm trying to repair it myself and I will never buy Apple again.

Feb 16, 2021 12:55 PM in response to PaulMF88

“...also have Applecare but that ran out in December,...”

So your phone is 26 months old. You may need a new battery while you are at it

”...I'm trying to repair it myself and I will never buy Apple again....”

You will only get a fake screen and battery and you will lose faceID amongst other security features

Pay the going price at Apple or replace the phone, anything else is wasting time and money.

Left section of iPhone Xs not responsive to touch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.