Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync between ipad pro and Macbook air

When I connect my iPad Pro to MacBook Air, it does not show in the Finder, hence I can not sync it

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 4:38 PM

Hey there, samirmatter.

We understand that you aren't seeing your iPad Pro in Finder to be able to sync it while it is plugged into your MacBook Air. If you haven't already, you can try restarting both devices. It can seem like a simple step, but can sometimes help resolve issues.

You'll also want to make sure that you're following the steps as seen in the following article: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

You can also see if trying another cable may help and plug the cable directly into your MacBook Air. If possible, you can see if this happens with another device, which can help isolate if the issue is with the iPad Pro or the MacBook Air.

Let us know how that goes. Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 4:38 PM in response to samirmatter

Hey there, samirmatter.

We understand that you aren't seeing your iPad Pro in Finder to be able to sync it while it is plugged into your MacBook Air. If you haven't already, you can try restarting both devices. It can seem like a simple step, but can sometimes help resolve issues.

You'll also want to make sure that you're following the steps as seen in the following article: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

You can also see if trying another cable may help and plug the cable directly into your MacBook Air. If possible, you can see if this happens with another device, which can help isolate if the issue is with the iPad Pro or the MacBook Air.

Let us know how that goes. Take care!

sync between ipad pro and Macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.