Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App only finding my recent additions to my library

The music app was working working fine until today when I opened it to find that the only music it is opening is the most recent additions to the library.

I have checked the folder and all of the music folders are where they should be.

I have changed and unchanged the folder location in Music but nothing happens?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Gary

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2021 2:46 PM

Problem solved. I went through the usual syncing process several times without success. So, in desperation, I deleted all the music from my iPod (Classic) and then started the sync process again. It worked perfectly although it took much longer than a routine sync. All good now.

4 replies

Feb 15, 2021 4:44 PM in response to Gazman49

Hey there Gazman49,

We understand you're only seeing your mostly recently added music in the Music app on your Mac. We'll be happy to help.

It sounds like the Recently Added folder may be selected on your Mac. If you don't see the Recently Added folder in the sidebar, try adding it with the steps from the section "Add items to the Library sidebar" here: Customize the Music window on Mac

If that doesn't fix the issue, let's start the Mac in safe mode and see if it happens then. Use the steps here: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know how that goes or if you have any questions. Cheers!

Feb 22, 2021 8:04 AM in response to Gazman49

Gazman49,

We're glad to hear you were able to get your music back. For the sync issue, we recommend double-checking the steps you're using to try and sync. View those here: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

However, if the issue persists, we'll need a few more details. For example, what happens when you try to sync? Are there any error messages?

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2021 3:22 PM in response to Leanne_68

Hi Leanne, many thanks for your suggestion. I was able to resolve my issue by importing all of my music files from my Mac music folder into the Music App. All of my music is now available to me although I now have 800+ albums showing as "recently added". This is only a minor issue.

However, I now have another issue. My iPod Classic will not sync with my library. If you have any suggestions for a fix I'd be very grateful.

Cheers, Gary

Music App only finding my recent additions to my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.