Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my watch to automatically delete text messages that are deleted on my IPhone without having to also individually delete them on my watch as well?

How do I get my series 6 watch to delete text messages that I delete from my IPhone without having to also delete them individually from my watch?

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 4:28 AM

Hello,

When messages are erased from iPhone it should also erase from your watch if paired with Bluetooth and has Message sync with iPhone.

Make sure to enable Mirror my iPhone via Apple Watch app

Apple Watch app > Messages > Mirror my iPhone

Also make sure to keep devices up to date.

This will work only on Apple messaging app but not other 3 party apps.

Please check an image below;

Have a great day and let me know if it works

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 4:28 AM in response to edwardfromwildwood

Hello,

When messages are erased from iPhone it should also erase from your watch if paired with Bluetooth and has Message sync with iPhone.

Make sure to enable Mirror my iPhone via Apple Watch app

Apple Watch app > Messages > Mirror my iPhone

Also make sure to keep devices up to date.

This will work only on Apple messaging app but not other 3 party apps.

Please check an image below;

Have a great day and let me know if it works

Feb 17, 2021 6:39 PM in response to Community User

I have the same issue. I saw that previous thread from 2017, but was hoping that by a new series 6 it would have been updated to better sync. I don’t understand why Apple hasn’t fixed this yet, it’s very obnoxious!? I have had every watch since the first gen and I am baffled why they haven’t gotten this right yet, but they can get my O2 levels. Odd 🧐

How do I get my watch to automatically delete text messages that are deleted on my IPhone without having to also individually delete them on my watch as well?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.