Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong password error in Outlook 2013, Windows 10

I've had no problems with the iCloud Sync the past few years. Suddenly I am getting a wrong password issue, so am unable to sync email, contacts or calendars. I'm not sure exactly when this started. but I am guessing within the last 2 days because I started seeing this popup yesterday

I don't "know" if this is related, but seems like it might be. I've tried entering my iCloud password here, but it doesn't accept it (not sure if there is a separate password for icloud email?).

I've tried disabling and re-enabling the Outlook add-in, have logged out of icloud on the browser and re-booted the PC (multiple times as someone commented it took twice to resolve the problem).

We did set up family sharing recently, but I think that was a week before this problems started. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 7:15 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 15, 2021 9:05 AM in response to SteveLang1

You need to use an app-specific password o sign in to iCloud email on Outlook

See:

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

App-specific passwords are passwords for your Apple ID that let you sign in to your account and securely access the information you store in iCloud from a third-party app. For example, use app-specific passwords with mail, contacts, and calendar services not provided by Apple. App-specific passwords maintain a high level of security and help ensure your Apple ID password won’t be collected or stored by any third-party apps you use.

Good luck!

Feb 16, 2021 6:55 AM in response to SteveLang1

Hey there SteveLang1,

We understand you are seeing an error about the iCloud password being incorrect with Outlook. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, double-check the settings you're using for the account. View those here: Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

If you still experience issues, you may need an app-specific password: Using app-specific passwords

Cheers!

Feb 15, 2021 1:38 PM in response to Androish

Hi, and thanks for the reply. The answer was correct, but it wasn't as specific as I would have hoped. Here's where I was unclear. Outlook popped up a failure message and log in window (I originally posted an image, but it was removed as it did have my full email address there (thanks)), but after entering my correct APPLE ID password the log in did not work. I logged into iCloud.com using that same password and it worked properly.

Somehow, the local icloud app had logged me out, and I simply needed to log back in there before reloading Outlook. An ideal answer (for me anyway) might have been "Open the iCloud app on your PC, and ensure you are still logged in"

Essentially that was what was suggested, but the impression I had was that I needed to log into my AppleID online.

Anyway, it got me thinking enough to double check the local icloud app.

Thanks for the assist.

Wrong password error in Outlook 2013, Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.