Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail merge

How do I do a mail merge in pages using a numbers list?

Instructions say to use an envelope template and choose mail merge from the edit menu.

Pages version 10.3.9 (7029.9.8)

Mac OS Version 11.2

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 6:53 PM

Is there a "Mail merge" menu item in the Edit menu of Numbers 10.3.9?

If so, then mail merge, a feature last seen in Pages '09 (version 4.x) has been returned.

If not, I suspect you were reading the Pages09 user guide.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies

Feb 14, 2021 12:27 AM in response to Barry

After working my up the levels of support to an “expert”, this is exactly what I was told. The person I spoke with did not actually use the mail merge feature but said it could be done through Contacts.

Through screen sharing, we worked our way through setting up a mail merge in Contacts. I still needed an option to change the fonts on the envelope.

The better way for me is to create an envelope using a Pages template. I create the first envelope, then add a page, copy paste the return address and enter the next recipient address. This creates my mailing list and I can edit all of the fonts.

I save this document. There is one envelope per page and I and can select pages to print as needed.

Thank you for your correct reply. Hopefully this will save someone else 45 minutes with customer support.

Feb 14, 2021 1:12 AM in response to mabellucy

Your solution is similar to my practice, but goes a bit further. I've set up a Pages document with an empty 'main address' text box and a filled reurn address box. I send few enough messages via the mail that entering (or pasting) the main address in, then printing the envelope provides sufficient efficiency for my light demands.

Your extension of this technique to keep several addressed envelopes on fiile seems a good solution for the extent of your mailings.

Regards,

Barry

mail merge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.