Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send later button missing in Apple Mail

This Help page shows that Apple Mail should have a "Send later" option to schedule mail:

Write, send and schedule emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support (HK)

However, the drop-down next to the send button is missing from my Apple Mail app:

How can I turn on this feature?

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:49 PM

My MacBook Air (2017/18) will not support macOS 13 Ventura. Instead I get security upgrades to Monterey 12. So, I don't have a drop down menu next to my Send button and cannot schedule emails to be sent later.

However, a work around that works for me is to type and save an email as a draft on my MacBook and then access my iPhone, which has the most up to date iOS. I retrieve the draft on my iPhone and touch the Send button, which reveals a drop down menu with send-later options. The email can thus get sent later, albeit from my iPhone rather than my MacBook Air.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 2:49 PM in response to internetswitch

My MacBook Air (2017/18) will not support macOS 13 Ventura. Instead I get security upgrades to Monterey 12. So, I don't have a drop down menu next to my Send button and cannot schedule emails to be sent later.

However, a work around that works for me is to type and save an email as a draft on my MacBook and then access my iPhone, which has the most up to date iOS. I retrieve the draft on my iPhone and touch the Send button, which reveals a drop down menu with send-later options. The email can thus get sent later, albeit from my iPhone rather than my MacBook Air.

Dec 20, 2022 1:44 AM in response to internetswitch

The user us very correct.

The " Send Later Feature " is not part of Monterey macOS 12.

It was only introduced in the next version of macOS Ventura macOS 13

To gain this Feature, suggest checking out the links below regarding upgrading to Ventura and some other good links.

How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support (CA)

Computer Qualifying for macOS 13 Ventura 

Also, suggest making sure the computer is running the latest version of Monterey 12.6.2 as this may possible insure a smoother upgrade to Ventura

These links may help in this matter

Keep your Mac up to date

About the security content of macOS Monterey 12.6.2

Jan 7, 2023 8:45 AM in response to PRP_53

Hello,

My macbook is on Ventura, however the Send Later box does not appear. I scheduled couple mails but now can't locate where they are for further edits. Could you please help?

Edit: I found the Send Later box 5 minutes after I hit send. It was found in the favorite section which was automatically collapsed by me, which I still find odd as I think the send later should be under the respective SMTP mailbox. But, I am glad I found it now. Sorry for the confusion.

Send later button missing in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.