Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally click on a bad site that said my phone was hacked

Is there a way to clean my phone of the malware?

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 4:27 PM

ZermaHydra567 Said:

"I accidentally click on a bad site that said my phone was hacked: Is there a way to clean my phone of the malware?"

-------

Ignoring Such a Message:

A site telling you that is no more than a scam. Your phone was not hacked, unless it has been jailbroken. So, if you did not interact with the site in any major, just let things be.

Did you Interact with it?:

Did you click anything when visiting the site? If so, then Security & Privacy would be of High-Concern here. If such is the case, then consider modifying your credentials, immediately. Pefroming the following is best at this point.  So, Consider...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 4:27 PM in response to ZermaHydra567

ZermaHydra567 Said:

"I accidentally click on a bad site that said my phone was hacked: Is there a way to clean my phone of the malware?"

-------

Ignoring Such a Message:

A site telling you that is no more than a scam. Your phone was not hacked, unless it has been jailbroken. So, if you did not interact with the site in any major, just let things be.

Did you Interact with it?:

Did you click anything when visiting the site? If so, then Security & Privacy would be of High-Concern here. If such is the case, then consider modifying your credentials, immediately. Pefroming the following is best at this point.  So, Consider...

I accidentally click on a bad site that said my phone was hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.