Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware or virus

I clicked the CLOSE button on a pop up that advised me that I had a number of viruses on my phone. I am afraid the close button was a link for someone to hack my phone. How can I tell or get this taken care of now before my information is compromised?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:31 AM

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware by merely clicking on a link in Safari, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 7:31 AM in response to Jess_Capp

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware by merely clicking on a link in Safari, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

Malware or virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.