Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download Apps because of region. Is there a solution?

Hi. I recently moved to Canada from Nigeria for my masters. I tried to download my bank app and freedom mobile app but i was told it’s not Available in my region. I then googled how to change my region on my iPhone and I followed the instructions given but it’s still not working. I still cannot download those apps, or change my region. I use an IPhone XS Max. Thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 7:33 PM

Hi kike,

If you now live in Canada you need to set your iTunes Store to Canada. Here are the instructions on how to do that:

Click on the link and read how to "Change your Apple ID country or region" - https://support.apple.com/HT201389

You do not say which instructions you followed before so I have no idea if what you did was correct or not.

I also do not know anything about these two apps. If they are Nigerian apps then likely they will not be available in Canada and you cannot use the Nigerian Store with a Canadian Store setting. If they are Canadian apps you should be able to download them once your ID is set to Canada.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 7:33 PM in response to kike128

Hi kike,

If you now live in Canada you need to set your iTunes Store to Canada. Here are the instructions on how to do that:

Click on the link and read how to "Change your Apple ID country or region" - https://support.apple.com/HT201389

You do not say which instructions you followed before so I have no idea if what you did was correct or not.

I also do not know anything about these two apps. If they are Nigerian apps then likely they will not be available in Canada and you cannot use the Nigerian Store with a Canadian Store setting. If they are Canadian apps you should be able to download them once your ID is set to Canada.

Can't download Apps because of region. Is there a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.