Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot connect to server...proxy address wrong?

How do I connect to server?

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 9:10 AM

Blawhon,

Thanks for that additional information.

Next, head to System Preferences > App Store, and make sure that "Install system data files and security updates" is enabled.

If the issue persists with the "SOCKS proxy" still being enabled, start your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

While in safe mode, go to System Preferences > Network and select Locations > Edit Locations. From there, create a new location by clicking '+' and give it a new name, then select 'Done'. Ensure you've got it selected in the Locations drop down, and click 'Apply'. Restart your Mac, and see if the issue persists.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 9:10 AM in response to Blawhon

Blawhon,

Thanks for that additional information.

Next, head to System Preferences > App Store, and make sure that "Install system data files and security updates" is enabled.

If the issue persists with the "SOCKS proxy" still being enabled, start your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

While in safe mode, go to System Preferences > Network and select Locations > Edit Locations. From there, create a new location by clicking '+' and give it a new name, then select 'Done'. Ensure you've got it selected in the Locations drop down, and click 'Apply'. Restart your Mac, and see if the issue persists.

Cheers!

Feb 16, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Blawhon

Hi there Blawhon,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with connecting to the server on your Mac, and we'd like to see if we can help.

If this is regarding an account in Mail, check out the steps here: If Mail on your Mac can't connect to your email account

If you're experiencing the issue with a different app or service, please provide more details.

Thanks!

Feb 16, 2021 9:38 PM in response to Eric--F

Thank you but that is not the case. The proxy address is checked for "sock". I can remove it, apply, and close lock, however, the "sock" comes back and does not stay removed. This affects my apple mail and my internet. I'm not tech savy so don't know how to correct other than remove the proxy every time I use the computer. I does not "stay gone". Very frustrating!

I cannot connect to server...proxy address wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.