Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: RenderFrameAt returned: 4 for absolute frame: 1003

Hi,

I'm trying to put 4-5 videoclips together to make one videoclip using iMovie, but everytime I try, I got one of those Error. In the end iMovie putting only 2 or 3 clips together as a one file, but 2-3 clips are not in the file, I'm using Macbook pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 11:31 PM

The error message means that there is corruption at or near frame 1003 — likely a black frame. Expand your time line and scroll in the area of the frame 1003. Remove any corruption that you find and try to share out again.

— Rich

3 replies

Feb 14, 2021 8:07 AM in response to erolates

Try deleting preferences. It is a safe procedure. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  

Also, sometimes simply shutting down your computer and rebooting will clean things out.

-- Rich

Error: RenderFrameAt returned: 4 for absolute frame: 1003

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.