Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages on my iPhone do not show up on my MacBook air

How do I get my messages on my iPhone to show up on my laptop?

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 5:49 AM

Start by checking your MacBook Air has a working connection to internet because messages (I assume you’re talking about iMessage) will not arrive if you are offline. I know it seems obvious but...

Then on the MBA take a look at System Preferences / Apple ID and make sure you are using the same Apple ID as your iPhone.

In the Name Phone Email option make sure you have the correct settings for Contactable at

Open the Messages app and take a look at Messages / Preferences / iMessage where Enable Messages in iCloud should be checked so your messages sync seamlessly.

You might also need to check similar settings on your iPhone. Make sure both devices include your Apple ID address as a contact.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 5:49 AM in response to mroberts26

Start by checking your MacBook Air has a working connection to internet because messages (I assume you’re talking about iMessage) will not arrive if you are offline. I know it seems obvious but...

Then on the MBA take a look at System Preferences / Apple ID and make sure you are using the same Apple ID as your iPhone.

In the Name Phone Email option make sure you have the correct settings for Contactable at

Open the Messages app and take a look at Messages / Preferences / iMessage where Enable Messages in iCloud should be checked so your messages sync seamlessly.

You might also need to check similar settings on your iPhone. Make sure both devices include your Apple ID address as a contact.

messages on my iPhone do not show up on my MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.