Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a refund from Apple for a paid repair

I have a Macbook Pro 2017 which suffers from the well known issue of Flexgate / Stage Light which Apple till now hasn't included these models into the service program but I have a hope that Apple eventually will acknowledge this issue on 2017 model in the future.

`Until then unfortunately I will have to do a paid repair.

So the question if Apple included this model how can I get the refund for that repair.

Has anyone done that for any service program?

Will I get the refund from Apple support directly or from the AASP where the repair happened?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 8:19 AM

This is what it says on the 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

If you believe your MacBook Pro was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your display repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund.

Your mac model is not eligible for that program so you can't use that.

But if your mac was to become eligible it's likely something like that would be included for yours too.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 8:19 AM in response to Ahmedista

This is what it says on the 13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

If you believe your MacBook Pro was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your display repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund.

Your mac model is not eligible for that program so you can't use that.

But if your mac was to become eligible it's likely something like that would be included for yours too.

Feb 14, 2021 6:25 PM in response to Ahmedista

Ahmedista wrote:

Yes I've seen that part that's why I asked. What is the process of getting a refund ?

@Androish provided a link in the quoted portion of the Apple article. You would click on that link or the one in the Apple article.

FYI, don't expect Apple to add the 2017+ models to the free repair program. The 2017 laptop is getting near four years old now and most Apple free repair programs typically only cover systems that are less than three or four years old.

How do I get a refund from Apple for a paid repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.