Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud does not detect my imported Photos library

Hello, I have restored my photos library into my new MacBook Pro from a backup.

When I go to System Preferences to turn iCloud on, I get a message "iCloud features for Photos are only available in the System Photo Library"

My System Photo Library should be the one I restored from backup into the Macintosh HD\users\pictures right?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 8:20 AM

You have to tell Photos to use the restored library as your System Photos Library.

• Open the restored library in Photos.
  • Now go to the Photos menu in the main menu bar and click "Photos > Preferences":
  • Click the "General" tab, then "Use as System Photos Library". After this, "Use as System Photos Library" should be graded out.
  • Now you should be able to enable iCloud Photos.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 8:20 AM in response to bernardita273

You have to tell Photos to use the restored library as your System Photos Library.

• Open the restored library in Photos.
  • Now go to the Photos menu in the main menu bar and click "Photos > Preferences":
  • Click the "General" tab, then "Use as System Photos Library". After this, "Use as System Photos Library" should be graded out.
  • Now you should be able to enable iCloud Photos.

iCloud does not detect my imported Photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.