Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Albums

I created smart albums by year and then a smart album for photos not in any album.

(Unorganized) Criteria: Album is not "any"

The unorganized smart album is not showing photos that I have placed in a regular album. But it is finding hundreds of photos that I know are (in fact) located within a smart album. So they are organized already and should not be appearing in this unorganized smart album. Help. I have many more photos to move over, but don't want to do that until I figure out what is wrong.

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 10:54 AM

The "Album is not any" rule is completely ignoring smart albums. It is applied only to standard albums.

If the rule could could be applied to smart albums, it would create a logically contradiction and an endless loop.

Such a smart album could not work and is impossible.

• If an item is not in any existing album, it should be in "Not in any album".
  • But then it would be in an album (the "not in any album" album) and must not be in "not in any album".

So wahr to do? Add it to album is not any or not? Whatever we do, it would be wrong.

This is why we can only test the standard albums with "Album is not any".

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 10:54 AM in response to Darla1981

The "Album is not any" rule is completely ignoring smart albums. It is applied only to standard albums.

If the rule could could be applied to smart albums, it would create a logically contradiction and an endless loop.

Such a smart album could not work and is impossible.

• If an item is not in any existing album, it should be in "Not in any album".
  • But then it would be in an album (the "not in any album" album) and must not be in "not in any album".

So wahr to do? Add it to album is not any or not? Whatever we do, it would be wrong.

This is why we can only test the standard albums with "Album is not any".

Smart Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.