Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitness on iPad Pro

Why can I not download the Apple Fitness+ app on my iPad Pro (11 inch)? I get an notification saying: This app requires specific features not available on this device.

my iPad is not older than 2 years...

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 3:05 PM

Hello, martine-goldenbeld.

We understand that you're trying to download the Fitness app on your iPad Pro, but you're getting an error about a missing component. Your iPad should be able to download the Fitness app from the App Store with iPadOS 14.3 or later and an Apple Watch Series 3 or later using the same Apple ID as your iPad.

Check it out:

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities, and let us know if you need help updating or checking your Apple Watch.

Warmest Regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 3:05 PM in response to martine-goldenbeld

Hello, martine-goldenbeld.

We understand that you're trying to download the Fitness app on your iPad Pro, but you're getting an error about a missing component. Your iPad should be able to download the Fitness app from the App Store with iPadOS 14.3 or later and an Apple Watch Series 3 or later using the same Apple ID as your iPad.

Check it out:

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities, and let us know if you need help updating or checking your Apple Watch.

Warmest Regards.

Feb 17, 2021 12:55 PM in response to martine-goldenbeld

martine-goldenbeld,

Thank you for clarifying for us! Let’s dig a little deeper:

• Is your Apple Watch updated?? You should be able to update to watchOS 7.3.1 today.

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• Is your signed into the same Apple ID as your iPad? You can check on the Watch app on your iPhone under General > Apple ID or in the Settings app on your Apple Watch.

• If you’re paired with an iPhone, do you have the Fitness app on your iPhone?

If you can answer yes to all of those questions, try restarting all three devices. If you’re still not able to download it on your iPad, it may be time to reach out to Apple Support for more advanced troubleshooting.

Get Support

Good luck!

Feb 18, 2021 3:20 AM in response to Eric--F

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply.

• The watch is up to date according to the Apple Watch app on my iPhone. When I look for software update, it says the software is up to date (watchOS 7.3).

• I am signed in on all 4 devices with the same Apple ID.

• I have the F~itness app on my iPhone, but in that app I only have; Summary and Sharing. No idea where I can see the video's and get my 3 months Fitness+ trial.

So far I'm a bit disappointed with the Apple Watch... having different issues with it :(

Feb 18, 2021 1:14 PM in response to martine-goldenbeld

martine-goldenbeld,

Our apologies! The watchOS 7.3.1 update was for the Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch SE only. It looks like you are fully updated! We appreciate the clarity.

Regarding the Fitness+ promotion, if you purchased your Apple Watch Series directly from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller within the last 90 days, you should be eligible. What happens when you open the Fitness app on your watch? Per their promotional terms, you'll need to sign in on the new device and open the Fitness app there for the promotion to appear.

Get three months of Apple Fitness+ free when you buy an eligible new Apple Watch

Regarding the Fitness app not appearing on your iPad, we've confirmed that you have everything set up correctly, so your next step will be reaching out to Apple Support for more advanced support. Here's that link again:

Contact Apple Support

Good luck!

Feb 17, 2021 1:47 AM in response to martine-goldenbeld

Hello Eric,

I have an Apple Watch 6 (bought just one month ago) and an Apple iPad Pro (running IOS 14.4).

Unfortunately, when I try to download the Fitness app, I get the following notification: This app requires specific features not available on this device.

I can not download the app on my iPad Pro IOS 14.4... Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Martine Goldenbeld

Fitness on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.