Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental saliva in charger port damage?

My title explains it all I’m wondering if some saliva that got into the charger port and the other speakers down there can permanently damage them or harm my iPhone in any way or is my iPhone fine after it dries?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 2:49 PM

The answer to your question is dependent upon how much moisture for how long and how far deep did it get into the iPhone. There is no way to know that. This leaves you with the only option of finish drying and try powering it up OR you can have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center before you power up.

Axel F.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 2:49 PM in response to Community User

The answer to your question is dependent upon how much moisture for how long and how far deep did it get into the iPhone. There is no way to know that. This leaves you with the only option of finish drying and try powering it up OR you can have it examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center before you power up.

Axel F.

Accidental saliva in charger port damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.