Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save/import music files from iPhone after iTunes Library crash

Hoping to save/rebuild my iTunes music collection after a sudden external drive crash (last iTunes Library backup is over a year old)

Here is the situation: all music files are still on an old iPhone SE and most songs are accounted for in the latest backup, but there are various recent Tunes additions (personal music projects/vinyl download, not iTunes Store purchases) that I am hoping to recover from the phone.

So here is my question: is there any reputable third party app out there these days that would let me access the iPhone and re-import music files back to a Mac and/or into iTunes?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 1:48 AM

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community. I've paid for TouchCopy in the past to recover someone else's library, but would probably use iFunBox to recover the files if I had to do it now. If you still have your library database then it may be possible to create a temporary library to recover the music into a new external that you give the same name as the older, have that library reorganize the recovered files, then switch back to your original library and with luck the files will be where they are expected to be and it will just work.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 1:48 AM in response to J and F__

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community. I've paid for TouchCopy in the past to recover someone else's library, but would probably use iFunBox to recover the files if I had to do it now. If you still have your library database then it may be possible to create a temporary library to recover the music into a new external that you give the same name as the older, have that library reorganize the recovered files, then switch back to your original library and with luck the files will be where they are expected to be and it will just work.

tt2

Save/import music files from iPhone after iTunes Library crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.