Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up an iPhone's downloaded Music content, without access to the old iTunes

Hi, This isn't as convoluted as the title states, but I haven't found an answer online.

My current phone was tied to an iTunes account that has been lost to a damaged hard drive. I have many playlists and songs that didn't get backed up before the hard drive crash. How can I back-up or offload these files from my phone and be able to access/restore them?

I have 54.GB of music files but the iCloud options don't seem to have a place to store them. What am I supposed to do?

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 10:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2021 10:45 AM in response to moby_dyckens

moby_dyckens wrote:

Hi, This isn't as convoluted as the title states, but I haven't found an answer online.

My current phone was tied to an iTunes account that has been lost to a damaged hard drive. I have many playlists and songs that didn't get backed up before the hard drive crash. How can I back-up or offload these files from my phone and be able to access/restore them?

I have 54.GB of music files but the iCloud options don't seem to have a place to store them. What am I supposed to do?

YOu will need a 3rd party software like touch copy to move music from your phone to a new pc.

Backing up an iPhone's downloaded Music content, without access to the old iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.