Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro has display issues. Authorised apple service centre informed the model is classified under vintage product. What to do with the macbook pro?

my macbook pro has display issues. Authorised apple service centre informed the model is classified under vintage product. What to do with the macbook pro?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 6:26 PM

If the laptop is "Vintage", then an Apple Authorized Service Provider can still repair the laptop as long as the necessary part(s) are still available from Apple. This assumes the AASP performs the repair themselves and doesn't mail the laptop to Apple for the repair. I don't think a "Vintage" laptop can be mailed to Apple for repair.

Otherwise you can try finding another AASP or you may have to find an independent repair shop that knows how to repair Apple laptops and purchase a used or refurbished display assembly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 6:26 PM in response to PoornaB

If the laptop is "Vintage", then an Apple Authorized Service Provider can still repair the laptop as long as the necessary part(s) are still available from Apple. This assumes the AASP performs the repair themselves and doesn't mail the laptop to Apple for the repair. I don't think a "Vintage" laptop can be mailed to Apple for repair.

Otherwise you can try finding another AASP or you may have to find an independent repair shop that knows how to repair Apple laptops and purchase a used or refurbished display assembly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.