Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clock crashing in ios14

since updating to ios14 i cannot seem to be able to set a calendar item. every time i click on the time in the calendar item the calendar closes abruptly. the same happens with alarm settings. so i am suspecting there is a bug in the clock after iso14. am i the only one having this problem? I tried reinstalling clock widget, restart phone (iphone 8 Plus) , reset all settings... to no avail!

Thanks

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 8:26 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Cowboy4691

Hi Cowboy469,

Thank you for giving us the chance to assist you with your iPhone 8Plus. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that you are experiencing crashes when using the Calendar app and the Clock app. We recommend updating your iPhone to the latest version of iOS 14 if you haven’t. While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Is the device set to the correct Time Zone? Also, is the Date & Time set automatically? You can confirm these details under Settings > General > Date & Time.

Are experiencing the issue when using a Wi-Fi network, cellular data, or both?

Also, let us know if you are using a VPN on your device, on your router, or access point.

Do you have a different Apple device that is signed in to the same Apple ID? If yes, are you experiencing a similar issue with your other device?

These details can help us in isolating the issue.

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

Feb 21, 2021 12:36 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello and thank you for your response.

My time zone is set correctly and my date & time is set on automatic.

I do experience the same issue whether my iphone is on wifi or 4G.

I do not have another iphone using the same Apple ID but we do have my wife's iphone 7S which uses the same wifi and 4G and has the same problem since updating to IOS 14. We have both since updated our IOS a couple more times and are now on IOS14.4 but we still have the same issue!!

We are puzzled :(

Thanks

clock crashing in ios14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.