Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

US Holidays calendar not secure

The US Holidays calendar does not show on my Calendar app, after upgrading to 11.2.1. I get this message when I click on the error prompt next to the US Holiday calendar name in my calendar list.: "The connection to the server “ical.mac.com” is not secure. Do you want to continue syncing this calendar". Of course, I say "no, I don't WANT an insecure connection. Is there any way of getting a "secure" connection? Why has this changed?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 1:31 PM

Thanks for the reply and the tip. In fact, Barney 15-E, I did not have the Holidays calendar checked in Preferences. Despite that, a Holiday calendar (perhaps the one that is no longer being supported, as per Mestelbaba below?) was showing in my list. Once I checked the US Holiday app in Preferences, lo and behold, a new and different Holiday calendar appeared and I was able to delete the old one, which I wasn't able to do before. So, for now, anyway, it looks like a Holiday calendar is up and running. Thanks to you, and to Mestelbaba, below, for answering so quickly and allowing me to cross this off my list of mysterious things I have to figure out. Bummer about your printer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 1:31 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for the reply and the tip. In fact, Barney 15-E, I did not have the Holidays calendar checked in Preferences. Despite that, a Holiday calendar (perhaps the one that is no longer being supported, as per Mestelbaba below?) was showing in my list. Once I checked the US Holiday app in Preferences, lo and behold, a new and different Holiday calendar appeared and I was able to delete the old one, which I wasn't able to do before. So, for now, anyway, it looks like a Holiday calendar is up and running. Thanks to you, and to Mestelbaba, below, for answering so quickly and allowing me to cross this off my list of mysterious things I have to figure out. Bummer about your printer.

Feb 15, 2021 9:48 AM in response to Monica Schaeffer

I had this problem too when I moved to BIG SUR; I also had to replace my old trusty printer. As for the calendar, it's probably the same as for the printer - - my (age 75) understanding is that BIG SUR is a 64-bit program and my printer was still 32-bit so they wouldn't coordinate/work together. As for the calendar, my US Holidays calendar was wiped out completely. I called Apple support and, after being transferred twice to hew support folk, was walked through deleting the old US Holidays calendar and having a new US Holidays calendar installed. This new calendar is likely a 64-bit program. For certain, it is different in that there are a LOT OF NEW HOLIDAYS listed (such as: Martin Luther King Day, Groundhog Day, Ash Wednesday, Lunar New Year - - likely Chinese - - Passover, Holi, Beginning of Ramadam, Earth Day, Orthodox Easter, Cinco de Mayo, Flag Day, Ashura,, Juneteenth........

So, I guess it's time to get a new US Holiday ap. Good luck.

US Holidays calendar not secure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.