Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete all photos on iPhone at once?

I used the Image Capture app for mac to download all the pictures from the iphone to Mac, however, there is no option to mark "delete after import" so pictures stayed on iphone after import.

Now when i tried to delete all the pictures on the iphone, there is no option to Select All.

So I am looking for an option to delete all photos on iPhone at once

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 9:54 AM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2021 10:05 AM in response to ndabasta

I am frustrated, trying to change from iPhone Xs 256GB to iPhone 12 128G so I must delete some of the pictures from the XS..

It is such an annoying process with Apple to download the pictures and delete the pictures if you are not using the iCloud option.

The Photos app is designed to cloud storage, so there is no traditional option to download the pictures as files, it is downloading them as library which is not visible to the regular user and can be managed only to what Apple think the end user should use.

The other alternative is to use Image Capture app which allows to download the pictures as regular files but there is no option to delete automatically after import (Apple invest the minimum on this app)....and now there is no option to delete all pictures at once...

Apple, why to complicate everything, pay Premium price on Apple devices and then struggle with the process :-(

How to delete all photos on iPhone at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.