Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Photos - export does not include create date information in JPG file

Hi I am exporting from Mac Photos using keep original option. In photos when I click on information I see the date the photo was taken. It is also in the right position in the timeline.

But after it is exported when I check the exif information there is no create date in the XMP file or in the JPG file (I used exiftool to check).

Appreciate if someone can explain why this is happening. This is happening with some photos only. The exported file has incomplete exif information. Is there a way to ensure that the create date is also exported? Thanks.

Mac OS 10.13.6

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:36 AM

How are you looking for the image created date in the exported file? The Finder only shows the File creation date, not the image date.

If you use the column view to view the files the image creation date will be in the last pane of the Finder view:

But the date won't show in the Info pane for the file (⌘+i).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 10:36 AM in response to imac2

How are you looking for the image created date in the exported file? The Finder only shows the File creation date, not the image date.

If you use the column view to view the files the image creation date will be in the last pane of the Finder view:

But the date won't show in the Info pane for the file (⌘+i).

Mac Photos - export does not include create date information in JPG file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.