Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook, Zoom, Airplay => [no audio]

When, on my MacBook Air, I use Airplay with Zoom, I can get the video on my TV, but there is no audio on either end (theirs or mine). Even testing the audio in the Zoom App and seems all well, but close the test and it is tomb silent. I can't hear them, They can't hear me.

I've tried using all the Zoom options of system, built in, and the TV.

On the Mac Settings => Sound => TV (or) Internal Speakers.

I'll start another topic with my 4K Apple TV. Tried going thru there, but then there was a horrible echo on their end and audio cutting in and out on my end.

Any other app is good: TED, Youtube, Netflix - it's just Zoom. And just audio.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 7:01 PM

As it turns out,

1. Turned the internal LG TV speakers on (I turned them off when connecting to the AVR)
  2. In the Mac’s settings, turned the Airplay on to the TV
  3. In the Zoom settings, turned audio to the TV

all is well now

thanks

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 17, 2021 2:43 PM in response to eilandj

Hello eilandj,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to use Zoom from your Mac via AirPlay to your Apple TV, as you have an issue with audio. Since this is only happening with the Zoom service, please see if anything in these Zoom resources help with your situation:

Audio, Video, Sharing - Zoom Help Center

Cheers!

MacBook, Zoom, Airplay => [no audio]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.