Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download Apple fitness+ on (iPad gen 7)

Apple fitness app in App Store says “This app requires specific features not available on this device” on 7th generation ipad.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 3:11 PM

Your iPad needs more that just the app.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3 or later.

You need a compatible Apple Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest WatchOS version and, also, Bluetooth connected to your iPad before the iOS App Store will let you download/install the Apple Fitness+ app.

You need to have or purchase an Apple Watch series 3, or later.

No options.

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

In addition, there is no TV mirroring of the Apple Fitness+ app, on iPads, currently.

With all of this stated, I would Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

See if Apple supoort tells you if you need the Watch, now, or not, using Apple Fitness+ with an iPad.

I keep getting conflicting information about this.

And as far as I am aware, you still cannot AirPlay the Apple Fitness+ apps or the videos from an iPad, either, but again, until I can get better, more reliable info, I could be in error about that.

Best of Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 3:11 PM in response to Kourtc20

Your iPad needs more that just the app.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3 or later.

You need a compatible Apple Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest WatchOS version and, also, Bluetooth connected to your iPad before the iOS App Store will let you download/install the Apple Fitness+ app.

You need to have or purchase an Apple Watch series 3, or later.

No options.

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

In addition, there is no TV mirroring of the Apple Fitness+ app, on iPads, currently.

With all of this stated, I would Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

See if Apple supoort tells you if you need the Watch, now, or not, using Apple Fitness+ with an iPad.

I keep getting conflicting information about this.

And as far as I am aware, you still cannot AirPlay the Apple Fitness+ apps or the videos from an iPad, either, but again, until I can get better, more reliable info, I could be in error about that.

Best of Luck to You!

Unable to download Apple fitness+ on (iPad gen 7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.