Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Password

I have never set a password for my Notes. Yet, after failed attempts of opening them with Touch ID, the app has asked me to enter a password to open my locked notes. Of course, without a password to enter, I cannot open them. How do I regain access to my locked notes?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 3:26 PM

stef144 wrote:

I have never set a password for my Notes. Yet, after failed attempts of opening them with Touch ID, the app has asked me to enter a password to open my locked notes. Of course, without a password to enter, I cannot open them. How do I regain access to my locked notes?

If you used Touch ID with a note it means you did created a password for it. Touch ID only provides a quicker way to access password protected note.

You can unlock the note only by providing the password it is locked with. No other way.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 3:26 PM in response to stef144

stef144 wrote:

If you used Touch ID with a note it means you did created a password for it. Touch ID only provides a quicker way to access password protected note.

You can unlock the note only by providing the password it is locked with. No other way.

Notes Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.