Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked notes

Since updating to 14.8 my locked notes won’t open. They used to open with Face ID but now is asking for my notes password, I’ve never had a password for notes. Can anyone help please?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 2:38 AM

You stated that you used to open your locked notes with FaceID. This means that there was/is a password set for those locked notes. You were using FaceID in place of entering that password.

You cannot lock a note with FaceID. You can lock a note with a password and then use FaceID instead of that password.

Try and figure out the password that was set to lock those notes. You will get unlimited guesses at it. Without that password, you will not be able to open those locked notes.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 2:38 AM in response to Cross-stitch

You stated that you used to open your locked notes with FaceID. This means that there was/is a password set for those locked notes. You were using FaceID in place of entering that password.

You cannot lock a note with FaceID. You can lock a note with a password and then use FaceID instead of that password.

Try and figure out the password that was set to lock those notes. You will get unlimited guesses at it. Without that password, you will not be able to open those locked notes.

Axel F.

Locked notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.