Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get error 403 when trying to access a website

I am getting error 403 when trying to access a website, never did before a recent update.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 4:16 PM

It's a server problem, nothing to do with any update. Sometimes Safari does not work the way it should - try another browser.

As an example, I was not able to sign into my iCloud account setting up a new device. Was on the phone with Apple support and she asked if I was using Safari - once I said yes, she suggested trying a different browser. I downloaded Firefox and the problem was solved.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 4:16 PM in response to Debfreie

It's a server problem, nothing to do with any update. Sometimes Safari does not work the way it should - try another browser.

As an example, I was not able to sign into my iCloud account setting up a new device. Was on the phone with Apple support and she asked if I was using Safari - once I said yes, she suggested trying a different browser. I downloaded Firefox and the problem was solved.

I get error 403 when trying to access a website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.