You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get past icloud settings update on iPad mini 1.

I am trying to configure a used ipad I just bought. It's stuck on the updating icloud settings. I have no way of getting to the settings or get past that updating icloud settings. It has been on it for hours. I don't have access to turn off Findme or anything, just that **** updating icloud settings. I tried using Itunes, and downloaded some music, so it says, but I still can't get to a screen.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 7:45 PM

I first tried to activate it with my Apple ID and password, and got nothing after I entered my 4-digit security key. Nothing. Blank screen. After some frustration and a few other unfruitful attempts, I tried to activate it as a new iPad at the Hello screen. After I entered the security key, it then got to the "updating icloud settings" and leisurely set off for Mars. It never came back after two days. I found out how to reset to factory settings, and mailed it back to the person I bought it from. So, that's how I solved that! It is now a non-issue, but I am thankful that there was lots of interesting input on the internet for the icloud settings frustration. I hope to never go there again. Thanks for a quick reply! You're the best.

Gr8tutu

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2021 7:45 PM in response to MichelPM

I first tried to activate it with my Apple ID and password, and got nothing after I entered my 4-digit security key. Nothing. Blank screen. After some frustration and a few other unfruitful attempts, I tried to activate it as a new iPad at the Hello screen. After I entered the security key, it then got to the "updating icloud settings" and leisurely set off for Mars. It never came back after two days. I found out how to reset to factory settings, and mailed it back to the person I bought it from. So, that's how I solved that! It is now a non-issue, but I am thankful that there was lots of interesting input on the internet for the icloud settings frustration. I hope to never go there again. Thanks for a quick reply! You're the best.

Gr8tutu

Can't get past icloud settings update on iPad mini 1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.