Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a device to my iCloud

Yes, I was wondering if there was any way to add a device to my iCloud account, I bought my boyfriend a new MacBook Pro but things happened and we broke up so I took my laptop back but he’s still signed into I it, is there anyway that I can remove him and add it to my account?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 3:42 AM

Bigs1181 wrote:

Thank you for that I was very insightful and I actually have learned a thing or two from reading that appreciate it my only issue right now is I can’t even get past the login screen the jerk won’t give me the login

If you have the original receipt for proof of purchase— apple may be able to help, reclaim your computer. Much like a untimely death, or inheritance ...

Not all Apple stores are open locally , so you have to call to verify/make an appointment if necessary etc.

receipt—

If you purchased your Mac from Apple, you can request a receipt from the retail location. We also recommend checking your email for a copy of the receipt. Here’s how to locate the Apple Store and their contact information: Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple https://www.apple.com/retail/

If your purchase was made at the Apple Online Store, please view the section titled “View or Print Invoice” here: Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple https://www.apple.com/shop/help/viewing_changing_orders

If your mac was purchased from an Apple Authorized Reseller, we recommend contacting them directly for a receipt.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 3:42 AM in response to Bigs1181

Bigs1181 wrote:

Thank you for that I was very insightful and I actually have learned a thing or two from reading that appreciate it my only issue right now is I can’t even get past the login screen the jerk won’t give me the login

If you have the original receipt for proof of purchase— apple may be able to help, reclaim your computer. Much like a untimely death, or inheritance ...

Not all Apple stores are open locally , so you have to call to verify/make an appointment if necessary etc.

receipt—

If you purchased your Mac from Apple, you can request a receipt from the retail location. We also recommend checking your email for a copy of the receipt. Here’s how to locate the Apple Store and their contact information: Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple https://www.apple.com/retail/

If your purchase was made at the Apple Online Store, please view the section titled “View or Print Invoice” here: Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple https://www.apple.com/shop/help/viewing_changing_orders

If your mac was purchased from an Apple Authorized Reseller, we recommend contacting them directly for a receipt.

Feb 15, 2021 5:24 PM in response to Bigs1181

Bigs1181 wrote:

Yes, I was wondering if there was any way to add a device to my iCloud account, I bought my boyfriend a new MacBook Pro but things happened and we broke up so I took my laptop back but he’s still signed into I it, is there anyway that I can remove him and add it to my account?

Yes , absolutely. Same as here—What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

Then you sign in with your own AppleID. Easy.

Feb 16, 2021 5:24 AM in response to Bigs1181

It depends how was the Apple ID account created .

( a ) with secondary authentication - in which three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail address and its own password , credit card details are added - do you still know these credentials , complete Apple ID and its password .

( b ) Account set up with two factor authentication in which trusted numbers are added and verified .

In the common Mac used by both what is the status , have you signed out Apple ID from system preferences or what , please post a screen shot of it ( hide your mail address ) .

If your friend had added his iPhone / a different Mac in your own laptop that you now possess , those devices can be removed see the article Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

One thing you can do change the Apple ID from appleid.apple.com Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

once your Apple ID and its password is added ( click on edit , add the credentials click on done to save ) , remove his Apple ID that will appear below your primary Apple ID address ( you have to click on cross sign for his Apple ID address .

How to add a device to my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.