Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps from mixed IDs, how to get rid of them

Hi,

I recently changed the Apple ID I use on my iPhone with a new one.

I think I uninstalled all the apps I had downloaded using the old Apple ID, but I keep getting a message like “you need to enter the password for some accounts” in the a settings app, which then ask me to enter the password for the old Apple ID.

The question is: how do I find the apps I “purchased” using the old Apple ID, so I can uninstall them?

is there something else I can do to get rid of the message described above?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 7:23 PM

Check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

4 replies

Feb 15, 2021 7:27 PM in response to verlok_naps

When you say change did you create an entirely new account, or did you just update the email address on a single account?

If you created a new account, do as Eric Root instructs.

If you updated your email address to "change" your Apple ID, please read this link and learn "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password" --> https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - Or if you're seeing persistent disabled messages or repeated requests for the password to your previous Apple ID. You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

Feb 15, 2021 10:01 PM in response to Limnos

Thanks all,

I have used a whole new Apple ID.

In the purchase history that Eric suggested, I cannot see which accounts was used to purchase it. Maybe because it shows only the purchases for the ID I’m signed in with?

I also want to give you an update: after googling around I found that signing out and in from the Apple ID I was currently using would solve the problem. I tried that and it seems it did, at least for now... the red badge on the Setting application is now gone.

Apps from mixed IDs, how to get rid of them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.