Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Not Playing Disney+ Movies?

Okay, I just got my iPad and it comes with 1 year free subscription to Apple TV. However, today when I tried to play one of the shows I wanted to watch it (1) asked me to install Disney+ app and (2) kept redirecting me to the Disney+ webpage every time I tried to play the episode.

Do I need Disney+ (aka additional subscription for something that seems to be advertised to be part of the Apple TV plan) to watch the featured Disney+ movies/shows?

I have also restarted the app and the device... the issue remains.

Thank you.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:54 AM

You will indeed need a Disney+ subscription and the Disney+ app to access Disney+ content.

Select third party services that are possible to connect their services through the Apple TV app, may feature/advertise some of their content in the Apple TV app. The Apple TV app can function like that as a hub for many services. Availability of supported apps in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

the issue remains.

It works as intended.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 1:54 AM in response to milkbubble

You will indeed need a Disney+ subscription and the Disney+ app to access Disney+ content.

Select third party services that are possible to connect their services through the Apple TV app, may feature/advertise some of their content in the Apple TV app. The Apple TV app can function like that as a hub for many services. Availability of supported apps in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

the issue remains.

It works as intended.

Apple TV Not Playing Disney+ Movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.